I finally had some time this morning to take the Stagemaster back apart. I didn't want to trash the brand new set of strings I put on so I had to figure out a way to avoid taking them completely off, and this is what I came up with.
All I did was unlock the "locking nut" and loosened the strings until they were real baggy. Then I taped them to the neck with some masking tape as shown where they would stay put and not get bent up. Then it was a simple matter of releasing the strings from the Floyd Rose bridge.
I removed the pickguard again, for the umpteenth time, and unsoldered all of the connections to the two 250k pots and installed the Gibson 500k pots that I bought earlier. I had to ream out the holes in the pickguard just a tad to get the Gibson pots to fit, but they are now mounted on the pickguard.
That's about as far as I got today. All I have to do is reconnect everything to the new pots and I should be finally good to go (crossing fingers). Unfortunately, this is no small job. There is a lot of soldering and reconnecting still to be done.
How To Read This Blog . . .
The Stagemaster Project was originally documented in "blog" format; therefore, the entries are in reverse chronological order. To follow the project starting from the beginning, click on "Introduction" on the right side of this page, then work your forward sequentially through the index.