Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Galactic Purple

Not much to report on the project right now. I've been very busy with work lately and have not had the time to take the Stagemaster back apart and swap out the pots. I am hoping to have some time maybe this afternoon or tomorrow perhaps. I am anxious to get on with this and get the guitar back in order.

On another topic though, I found a photo of a "Galactic Purple" HSH Stagemaster. Along with the Arctic White one, I've never actually seen a purple one in real life. I don't know if the color is accurately represented in this photo or not, but I think not. For some reason, I got the impression that "Galactic Purple" would be more purple than this. Anyone ever seen a purple one?

Crispy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am borrowing a purple one from a friend right now! i had never actually played a guitar with the double locking nut system before, and so did not realize how insanely difficult it would be to change strings and tune it (i'm remarkably lazy as well). when i realized i needed some advice on it, i asked another friend about it, saying, "so i borrowed this squier with the whole tremolo mess attached to it, it's got an upside down headstock and it's the most hideous shade of purple..." friend #2 actually told me they ONLY ever made this model in purple, but he's obviously mistaken. why friend #1 ever would have bought this guitar is beyond me, as his interests are 100% punk and metal, and this looks like something prince would carry around in his thong. anyway, it has grown on me somewhat. this blog is extremely interesting, by the way. thanks!
ps: you're right that that jpeg doesn't represent the color accurately. if i ever get my digital camera working again, i'll take a pic of it for you.

Anonymous said...

I do have a galactic purple Stagemaster. It was the first guitar I ever owned. I bought it when I was 16 years old. I still have it 8 years later. The color is a brighter purple than the pic that you have. At least in person it is.

Firebrand said...

I just bought a galactic purple one via an online forum and have just finished disassembling it. Thanks for this blog-it's a fabulous reference!

Anonymous said...

I just came across this project and Guess what, Yes I have a Galactic Purple Stagemaster. 1999 model HH dual Humbucker. I wish I could Upload or show a picture I just took. It is almost mint condition. AS i am tinkerer and first position player so I do not play well at all. I bring it out every thre to four months. It hardly has any playing time.