Monday, March 27, 2006

What Did It Cost?

Well I've collected all the receipts for the Stagemaster Project and it, of course, cost a lot more than I thought it was going to (the story of my life). Here is the breakdown:

1 Fender 5-way Superswitch - $21.80
1 DiMarzio DP213F pickup - $59.99
1 DiMarzio DP103 pickup - $59.99
1 DiMarzio DP217 pickup - $59.99
1 Strat Knob Set (black) - $6.99
1 Strat Switch Knob (black) - $3.99
1 Fender Standard 5-way Switch (not used) - $11.99
2 Gibson 500K Pots - $13.98
2 Fender 250K Pots (not used) - $9.90
2 Sheets Copper Foil - $20.00
1 Custom made Tortoise Pickguard - $80.00

Which comes to, I believe, an astounding $348.62! This is slightly more than I paid for the Stagemaster in the first place. So if any of you out there are contemplating a major overhaul like this one, be prepared for the costs to add up when you start buying quality parts.

Crispy

2 comments:

Lee said...

Well, I'm considering doing the same thing you did, but for different reasons.

The cheap guitars these days just feel like they are SO close to the FEEL of the higher end guitars, they just lack proper electronics.

Being the type who likes to take things apart to see how they work, fixing up a cheaper model seems like so much more fun.

Plus you get the EXACT electronics you want.

it has built-in financing..and you APPRECIATE each feature as you add them one by one.

Not to mention, as the guitar ages you will know where to go for the repairs.

I'm not the guy who likes to take things in to get fixed. I like to fix them myself.

Finally, you have the pleasure of knowing NOBODY will have your sound.

Spyder of Malabar said...

My stagemaster only has TONE and VOL- would those both be 250K? I cant find it on the Fender Wiring Diagram sites.

Mine is the HSH