Thursday, February 23, 2006

Houston, we have a problem...

I'm not happy. Well, I strung up the Stagemaster last night just for a test run, plugged her in, and didn't like what I heard. I'm not sure if it is the 250 k pots I used or what, but I don't like the way she sounds. Don't like it at all. It was said that the 250 k pots would produce a slightly warmer tone, but this is a little too warm . . . no, way too warm for my liking. Be prepared for a lengthy read next entry. I have lots to report, a few ideas, a lot of conjecture and personal opinion mixed in with some other people's ideas I've read on the web which may solve the problem.

I only attached the pickguard with 3 screws, but taking the Stagemaster back apart and unstringing this thing is a depressing thought, but I'm afraid it has to be done.

Crispy

P.S. The good news is that tortoise shell looks sweet on gloss black paint. : )

P.P.S. The copper foil shielding works perfectly. The Stagemaster is virtually silent no matter how it is waved around. No static, no hum, no buzz, no microphonics whatsoever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap. :-(

Crispy said...

Whose idea was it to mod a guitar? Mine? Kick me and kick me hard . . .