Monday, January 30, 2006

Another Delay...

Crap! I finally got caught up with business matters and had an entire evening to myself to work on the Stagemaster. I get all of the stuff together, get my soldering iron hot and get comfy only to find out that the new pots don't fit through the pickguard! They are short, split shaft pots all right, but the threaded housing that fits through the pickguard is too big around.

I even asked the doofus at Guitar Center about these pots (which are Gibsons) before I paid for them. When he handed me Gibson pots, I specifically asked this indifferent know-it-all if he was sure they would fit through a Fender pickguard. "Oh yeah, " he said, "they're all pretty much generic size-wise." So, of course, the idiot didn't know what he was talking about. I should have known.

Well anyway, I'm on my way back to Guitar Center to trade these Gibson pots in for some that will fit through the pickguard holes, and this time I am taking the old ones with me to make sure. Sheeesh!

Crispy

No comments: