Monday, January 30, 2006

Problem Solved!

Because Guitar Center is about 35 miles from my house and so far they have had to order everything I've needed anyway, I decided to solve the "pots" issue by buying a set off of eBay. I ended up buying 2 Fender 250 k split shaft pots, which includes capacitors. With shipping they cost slightly more than the 2 Gibsons I was sold at Guitar Center, but who cares. I just want to get on with this.

This solves a couple of issues. First off, I wanted to try 250 k pots in the first place, but Guitar Center didn't have any so I settled for the (Gibson) 500 k pots--the original pots, as you may recall, were 500s and I wanted to try something different. According to what I've read, 250 k pots produce a significantly "warmer" tone than 500's. We'll see what they sound like, but I am into "warmer" tones.

Secondly, I think I will receive these Fender pots sooner via eBay than I would have if I had ordered them through Guitar Center. So I ended up getting what I wanted to start with.

So, I have ended up with 2 Gibson short shaft 500 k pots. If anyone is interested in them, let me know. Maybe we can work something out. They look like they would fit a Les Paul perfectly.

Crispy

No comments: