Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Pickguard Tracing

After I removed the hardware from the old white pickguard, I made the tracing as specified by Pickguards.com. Here is a photo of the tracing that, amazingly, fit on a single sheet of 8.5x11 printer paper (but barely). I used a mechanical pencil with a very fine lead to trace the old pickguard as I wanted the new pickguard to be as precisely sized as possible. The tracing went in this morning's mail, so now I wait. If an agreeable price does not come back for the job, I have several other resources to try. One way or another, this Stagemaster will have a tortoise shell pickguard.

Crispy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a vg stratocaster that im changing to tortoise. i made a tracing and im about to send it to pickguards.com. How did yours look and how much and how long did it take?

Crispy said...

Andrew:
My tortoise pickguard came out perfect. I think pickguards.com did a great job. Keep in mind that the holes they put in the pickguard are not countersunk, so you'll have to do it yourself. I don't remember how long it took for them to do it. Seems like a few weeks maybe?

Anonymous said...

Cool!! mine just came in and i think it looks awesome. check out my video i took of it. search in youtube "first vg with tortoise pickguard".

Crispy said...

Sweet, real sweet. I just went over to YouTube and checked it out. Crispy