Friday, January 27, 2006

Pickguard Time . . . Finally!

I came home from St. Augustine today to find that the custom pickguard still hadn't arrived. I immediately got on the horn to Pickguards.com to find out what the hold up was. Of course no one picked up, so I steamed about it for a while then went about my business. About 7:30 tonight a UPS guy showed up at my door with a package and guess what it was?

Here are a couple of photos of the pickguard, but I must say, they don't do it justice. It is absolutely gorgeous! It looks like someone took it right off a genuine '50s Strat and sent it to me. It has a beautiful aged appearance and exceeds by far what I had expected. I propped it up on the body where you can get an idea of how nicely it goes with that gloss black paint job.

Furthermore, it fits perfectly and every single screw hole lines up perfectly with the holes in the body. The material, however, is much different than the original white plastic pickguard. It seems to be much more dense and significantly heavier. It is the same thickness though, so no problems. I guess it too is some type of plastic but of a higher quality.

I am very pleased with the new pickguard and can't wait to start putting the whole thing back together again. Since I was away for most of the week, I have a bunch of real estate business to get caught up on so I don't know if I'll get to it this weekend or not. But I now have all of the parts, I just need to make some time to put the whole thing together.

Crispy

No comments: