Sunday, January 01, 2006

Regarding F-Spaced Pickups

Remember the f-spacing issue I mentioned in an earlier entry? It is very important to get this right and I am surprised at the number of guitar players who don't even know what an f-spaced pickup is or why it is important. At any rate, I am posting a picture of my Squier's bridge pickup (please forgive the photo quality, my camera doesn't take very good closeups). You should be able to see that the strings do not line up over the pickup's pole pieces. In fact, they are not even close! This is a major problem and an f-spaced pickup compensates for this alignment issue at the bridge. The f-spaced DP213 will line up perfectly under the strings and the dimensions of the pickup are the same as a standard pickup so no modification to the pickguard is needed--although this white pickguard is not staying.

Crispy

No comments: