Monday, January 02, 2006

The Cost to Date

So, how much is all of this going to cost? Well, I went shopping the other day and here is the total so far:

3 DiMarzio Pickups - $59.99 each
Fender Strat Knob Set (Black) - $6.99
Fender Pickup Selector Knob (Black) - $3.99
Shipping - $8.00

Total Including Sales Tax - $212.32

I know, I know, I could have gotten this stuff cheaper if I had ordered it off the web; however, I had a gift certificate for $150 at the Guitar Center in Tampa, and I couldn't use the card online. I know for a fact that I could have this stuff cheaper had I been able to shop around.

There are a few things I still have to buy, for one, the 5 way selector switch which I forgot to buy while I was at the store. The volume and tone pots, which the guy at the store forgot to charge me for. I am going to have the pickguard I want custom made because I know of no one anywhere who has a stock Stagemaster pickguard available. I don't know how much this will cost, but the white pickguard has to go. More on the pickguard in the next entry.

Assorted other stuff will be needed as well, i.e., all new screws (possibly black or gold) for the pickups and pickguard, etc., and other assorted hardware and wiring. Of course, things change and some other stuff might be required. If so, I'll pass along the details.

Crispy

No comments: